General Data Protection Regulation
The General Data Protection Regulation (AVG) will apply as of 25 May 2018. This means that from that date onwards, the same privacy legislation applies throughout the European Union (EU). The Personal Data Protection Act (Wbp) then no longer applies. The AVG is also known under the English name: General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Cees Kloosterman, owner of the website “The Kloosterman Genealogy and Emigrants to America ©” (www.kloosterman.be), herein after referred to as TKG, is located at Grotekerkbuurt 11E, 3311CA Dordrecht, the Netherlands and is responsible for the processing of personal data as shown in this privacy statement.
Privacy and Data protection policy
The information you find here comes from a variety of sources, some of which are more careful than others in protecting the privacy of living persons.
TKG does its best to review and sanitize this information before it is posted according to the following general guidelines:
The use of our website is possible without providing personal data. When personal information is requested (for example, name and email address on the contact form), this is given voluntarily. This data will not be passed on to third parties.
TKG points out that sending information over the Internet is subject to security issues. Complete protection of the data from being accessed by third parties is not possible.
Most of the cookies TKS uses are “session cookies”. They are automatically deleted when you close your browser. Other cookies remain stored on your device until you delete them. These cookies allow us to recognize your browser the next time you visit and restore some of your preferences (such as your preferred language).
You can configure your browser settings so that you are informed about the setting of cookies and allow cookies only in certain cases. Disabling cookies may limit the functionality of this website.
Server log files
The provider of these pages automatically collects and stores information in server log files, which your browser transmits to us. These are:
- Browser type and version
- Operating system
- Referrer URL
- Host name of the accessing computer
- IP address (anonymized)
- Time of request
These data can not be assigned to specific persons. This data will not be merged with other data sources. TKG reserves the right to check this data retrospectively, if we become aware of specific indications for illegal use
- TKG does not disclose anything other than names for living persons.
- Note that TNG Calendar may circumvent this security setup by “giving away” birth and marriage dates relevent to living persons. However, since the exact year of a person’s birth or marriage is not shown on the calendar (it only shows anniversaries, the year is only used for day-of-the-week layout), I consider this an acceptable discloser.
- If TKG does not know whether a person is living or deceased, TKG assumes they are living if they were born less than 100 years ago.
- Occasionally a living person may appear in photographs of groups of people, however generally TKG does not disclose their names.
- Upon notification that any material on this website infringes on the privacy rights of an individual or group, TKG will remove the questionable material at once, regardless of whether the material falls within the bounds of the guidelines described above.
If so, please fill in the Privacy Form.
- Membership is free. This is a non-commercial website.
- Requests for membership may be made by filling out the form on the Registration page.
- The information you provide on the Registration form is only used to determine whether or not to grant you membership. It will not be made available to anyone other than myself for any reason.
- I reserve the right to be the sole decision maker as to who may be a registered member and the level of information that can be accessed by each member.
- You also agree that you may not give out your user id and password to anyone else, unless I grant specific permission for you to do so.
- I reserve the right to cancel any and all memberships at any time for any reason.
If you send us inquiries via the contact form, your details from the inquiry form, including the contact details you provided there, will be stored in order to process the request and in case of follow-up questions. Of course, we will not pass on this data.
Right to information, cancellation, blocking
At any time you have the right to obtain information about your stored personal data, their origin and recipients and the purpose of any processing or transmission, along with a right to correct, block or delete this data.
Please direct all inquiries or feedback to my attention through my Contact Form or through my Privacy Form.
Owner of The Kloosterman Genealogy